Thursday, September 2, 2010

Spring, warm weather and flu

M was saying to me yesterday that she thought it strange that we get sick when it is so warm.
I told her that the virus has taken a while to get to us.
Lo and behold, evening arrangements tonight came to a grinding halt. I picked up J from South bank railway station only to find she had been miserable all day to the point of tears, she was so
unwell. I texted M to tell her we would be leaving early, and she said she was already at Central and could I pick her up. She caught the train to South bank and came down the ramp the same time that I drove into the car-park.
De-ja-vu. Girls asleep in the car on the long drive home.
M went to bed with a cup of tea, a drink of water, a bowel of fruit salad and 2 paracetamol that I had prepared for her.
J ditched the study and said she was going to rest her brain by reading the last book of "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy".
Somehow, I soldier on.

No comments:

Post a Comment